Hi! As you probably know I'm Kelly and this place I speak of where "the sun never sleeps" is a little island I live on called Kauai.
It's a small island meaning there isn't much shopping available here so the locals dress themselves in ill fitting jeans purchased from a box store and slippers that are about three sizes too big or two sizes too small. Apart from that, people rarely wear anything they can't go to the beach in unless some of the girls decide to dress up to go to dinner or something.
With that being said, it's really easy to wear something other than denim shorts and a tee shirt and feel way overdressed as you walk around. "Dressing up" for a Friday night is basically a pair of skinny jeans and a blouse.
My father travels a lot for his work so I've discovered brands like Topshop, H&M, and Pull & Bear, along with discovering a personal style blogging community on Tumblr has inspired me to attempt to step up my fashion game. My dad works with clothes as well so I've always been interested in color (yet somehow I own mostly black and grey) and fashion but only in the past two years have I really been getting into it and realizing that clothing and fashion and all of that stuff is actually something I really enjoy looking at and talking about.
Now, I still live on Kauai so I can't really rock a leather jacket (well... I probably could, but I rather not even though I want to) but this blog is going to be my journey in trying to find a happy medium. Still try to look decent without looking ridiculous and out of place.
Half of the week I work at a golf club at the tennis courts so I spend that time in sports clothes, and just being honest with you guys... The other half I spend in either pajama's or... Like every basic person around here... Denim shorts and a tee shirt. But like I said... I'm ATTEMPTING to step up my fashion game.
But I suppose in the end all I'm doing is trying to find my personal style (if I even have any) and what I feel comfortable in.
Thank you so much for all of your support, whether it be through wanting to keep up with me by following, or leaving little comments here and there on my posts. It means the world.
- What is your name? Kelly (:
- How old are you? I'm 16
- Which island do you live on? Kauai (I think it's the last one?)
- Are you Hawaiian? Nope. My dad is caucasian and my mom is from Bali.
- What is the meaning behind 'Sandy Satisfashion'? Sandy = Sand (the beach aka Hawaii) Satisfashion = Supposed to be a play on words for 'satisfaction' hahahahaha I'm not clever -_-
- Where do you like to shop? Forever21, Pull & Bear, Hollister (for jeans/shorts/knits), Topshop, H&M, Macy's... etc.
- Celebrity style crushes? Kendall & Kylie Jenner, Danielle Bernstein, Lily Collins, Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez (her style has been so on point lately), Harry Styles (tbh I want his wardrobe and his legs and his heart oops), Amanda Steele (MakeupbyMandy24), Alexa Mendoza (Lens n Trends), Jenn Im (ClothesEncounters)