Saturday, May 31, 2014

Monthly Favorites | May


Beauty

Urban Decay Naked Flushed Highlighter:  I finally decided to put some use to my Naked Flushed Palette which hasn't seen so much love since I purchased it. I've dipped into the bronzer and blush but for the most part I've been loving the highlighter.  It's a lot faster to apply (I just sweep it on) than my liquid one. I've noticed that since it is a powder formula, it gives a different kind of luminescence to my face... I feel like... Hmm.. It still gives me a healthy and fresh faced kind of look but without being dew-y which is nice especially since my skin has been a wee bit more on the oily side lately.

Eco-Tools Tapered Blush Brush: Not much to say on this other than I love how it flattens or fans out as you put it on your cheeks. It's a nice shape and covers the right areas of my cheeks. It carries a nice amount of product as well as being really soft. I have a whole bunch of brushes from this brand and they have yet to disappoint! 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I have heard so much about this product from various blogs so I finally decided to give it a go. Although I don't think it's the best concealer in the world, I do really like it. It's a great all over concealer however I use different one to target specific spots I would have for that day. The consistency is very liquid-y which makes it easy to blend but what I love most about it is the doe-foot applicator. It's seriously so fast to put on and you don't have to dig around for your concealer brush or stick your finger into the pot... It's already there. Just put it on and blend and your done. Really fast! For those of you wondering I use the shade #35.

Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara: I didn't think I was going to use this sample at all but I have probably used it every day this month. I like the formula of it a lot and it makes my lashes look long but gives them a nice amount of "thickness"when I use it on my own for days that are casual. It also separates really well. I usually pair it with another mascara but I have been loving it a lot of it's own. It doesn't give you crazy volume but it's just... It just makes my lashes look really....nice. Not sure how else to describe it.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion: I have been using Cetaphil for almost two years because of my sensitive skin (doctor recommended) and I liked it, but when I went to a dermatologist recently she suggested using CeraVe for a change and seriously.... I didn't think I could like a lotion or have one impact me this much. The consistency isn't as thick as the Cetaphil one, it's almost more of a creamy/serum/gel constancy (think a moisturizer form of Cetaphil cleanser) so it's not heavy on the skin. Now that I am using this, I noticed how when I was using Cetaphil, although it was a good lotion, it left my legs sticky and shiny for the entire day, but the CeraVe one is just so nice and thin and feels like... Hydration at it's finest. I think this is especially good for the hotter months to come because I won't be sweating it off because it also soaks in really fast. Although I now apply twice a day (morning/night) I don't mind because when I put it on, it almost has a cooling effect when I walk. It's not minty or anything but just.. When the air hits it when you walk it's just... Lovely. 

Jordana Striper: I have really ugly feet. They are kind of wide and just... Ugly. The only thing that makes them decent is a french tip. Obviously going to the salon gets expensive so I started doing them at home but it's rather difficult so one day I popped into the drugstore and got a super cheap striper polish and now the process is so fast. I can't say much for the formula or wear time because anything on my toes lasts for at least three weeks, but for $2 or whatever it was, it really makes the whole process of painting toes a lot easier. 


Miscellaneous

Itube App: Itube is an amazing app that cache's the youtube videos you watch (on Itube) so you can watch it whenever you want (no wifi). I'm way too lazy to download certain albums/too broke so I just go on Itube and search the album so I can listen to it whenever I want. I've also managed to cache some episodes of Everybody Hates Chris which is a TV show I've been watching religiously for about two weeks now. Definitely check out the app... It's a good one! 



Music Favorites

1. Don't Stop by 5 Seconds Of Summer

Such a catchy song and the lyric video/music video is soooo cute! Literally love these boys to death and MICHAEL'S SOLO IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD. 

2. Anna Sun by Walk the Moon

Recently just discovered this group and have been listening to their album quite a bit considering I have a hard time getting used to new discoveries. I really like the album and it's good music just to have in the background, but I would say that Anna Sun is the song that has stuck out to me most and is the song I can recognize since I'm still in the "everything sounds the same" stage. 

3. Without You by Lana Del Rey

Only recently found out there is an extended version of Born to Die (HOW LATE AM I?!?!?!) so I have been listening to the bonus tracks. In the chorus I am oddly fascinated by how she says "hear". Really lovely song. 

                                                                                  

That's for this months favorites, not a whole bunch but they all have definitely earned a spot in my heart! I'm interested to see what you have been loving so feel free to leave a comment telling me or link me to your own monthly favorites blog post!


8 comments:

  1. I love the look of that Eco Tools brush, perfect for blush application! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Eco Tools brush looks absolutely gorgeous! I need it in my life!!! I just want to thank you so so so much for all of your comments and support on my blog lovely! I'm so grateful that you come back and read my blog so often! :) So again, thank you so much and lots of love! x Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ubran Decay Naked cosmetics:)!
    please visit me in free time:)
    www.mesmerize87.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one. I most definitely will reply to your question so please remember to check back!