Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beauty | Small Sephora Haul

For my most recent birthday I was lucky enough to have received a gift card to heaven on Earth; otherwise known as Sephora. On top of getting some major lemmings, I also received a small birthday gift that held two mini-sized items by Makeup Forever. 


First off I finally got my hands on the Naked Flushed Palette! Seriously been wanting this for the longest time. It includes a bronzer, highlighter (la la love highlighters) and a blush. 




The highlighter is absolutely gorgeous. It reminds me of High Beam by Benefit but the sparkles are more chunky. 

The bronzer is lovely but seems to blend in with my skin tone... Or at least my hands. I tried it yesterday for the first time and although I had to build it a bit, it was noticeable. It's a bit on the sheer side but I think that's only because they wanted the shade to be universal and build able so it could be worn by many people of many shades. The bronzer has little flecks of shimmer spread sparsely throughout. 

Lastly is the blush which is a gorgeous... Sort of rose toned color definitely on the warm side. This too has the sparse flecks. 

Right: Makeup Forever Artist Natural Lipstick in Rouge N6 (?) | Left: Tarte Matte Lip Stain in Fiery 



Lastly is the concealer by the Sephora brand which I just picked up. Decided not to swatch it simply because it's just concealer, and plus I haven't actually used it yet. It's sort of a tradition to always pick up a concealer whenever I go to Sephora (by the actual Sephora brand... No particular reason why) so I went with this one. I usually get the liquid formula but I noticed that they didn't have any... Did they discontinue it? 

I will say that I used my friends concealer the other day (same one as this one, different shade), and it was a bit dry... But then again it had only been used a couple of times so maybe it'll be more creamy once it gets more use. 

If you have any more specific questions about any of the products, don't hesitate to ask! 

Also wanted to mention that more in depth reviews and thoughts on some of these products will be expressed in my February favorites post which should be up in the last days of this month. 

xoxo,
                                          
                   Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one. I most definitely will reply to your question so please remember to check back!